Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Another Milestone


Whoop! I have passed the 60,000 word mark on Argiope. I think that puts me at about sixty percent done, at the rate this book is going. It's going to be a little longer than my first novel, but that's okay. I just want to try and get that first draft done by January 1.

Today, I worked mostly on a conversation between protagonists. It's actually sort of a silly one, but one of the talkers has an agenda. The main thing I realized while writing it is that I'm going to have to go back to earlier conversations in the book and expand on them a little. They're kind of abrupt in style compared to the later ones. That's okay, this book is evolving as I write it, and it's a real learning experience. It's my "B-movie in a book" but I'm taking it seriously. It still needs to be the best quality I can make it.

My cough is still with me, and I'm hacking up junk, but other than that I'm feeling fine. The only drawback is that it wakes me up at night sometimes. I guess it will pass too. It seems to be the only symptom left.

I'm also enjoying the Fifty Great Ghost story book, and I hope to have a review of it up by next Monday. It's giving me a lot to think about. It had some sister books out back when I was a kid, so I think I'll look them up as well. It makes a great resource for certain writing purposes. I'm going to have to decide upon a reviewing criteria. I want any review I write to be useful to the reader.

Oh well, I'll think on these things later. For now, it's time to make sure I'm ready for the kids in the morning. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment