Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Drudgery


It seems the laundry beckons.

The piles are starting to tower, and I suppose that when they get  to towering that something must be done. I'm not really in the mood to deal with towering laundry today...but I suppose that's kind of how it got to be towering in the first place. And since towering laundry is not good, I guess I will see about doing something to un-tower it.

One thing is these pesky kids. They have this habit of getting bigger and outgrowing their clothes. Then the clothes continue to get mixed in with the laundry, and continue to take up space. So they sort of get cycled. They get tried on. Then taken off when they don't fit. Then thrown in the laundry for some reason. Then washed. Then tried on. Then thrown in the laundry....and the circle of lint continues. We must be the only family on the planet who has measurable dead space in their laundry.

Why are things so complicated?

Oh well, I'm a little over sixty seven thousand words into Argiope now, so progress on that front is incremental but steady. Since previously there had been little  progress at all, I'll take it.

I don't have a lot else to write about today. I guess I don't lead a very interesting life. I'm going to have to think about that.

Laters.

1 comment:

  1. Wait until they are teenagers. Then all their FRIENDS' laundry finds its way to your house and into your laundry. And you wash it. And you ask "Who does this belong to?" And suddenly no one has ever seen or worn that item you just washed, which nevertheless must have been worn at some point because it was dirty when you washed it. And it just keeps cycling until you have a basket full of "not mine" clothes laying around taking up space!

    And you swear that you see this item go by clothing some teenager. But the next time you wash it and ask who it belongs to, you get "not me" all over again!

    ReplyDelete