Saturday, September 4, 2010

Writer's Night Out - Fried


Cherri Galbiati and I had our weekly writer's night out last night.

Since we had both published a story, we felt we were entitled to celebrate. Therefore I broke my gluten free diet and had a cheeseburger, and Cherri broke her diabetic diet and had a hot fudge sundae. Fortunately, the effect on me was minimal...it just made me a little sleepy...but Cherri had herself a great time. Pretty soon she was laughing, having a high old time...and attempting to fix our poor waitress up with whoever happened to be sitting in the booth next to us. As luck would have it, the girl actually knew the guy and he was a really cool guy. But the whole thing was pretty hilarious.

Stay off the sugar, Cherri! :D

Other than that, we sort of rambled on writing (as usual), pondered on publishing (as usual), grumbled about editing (as usual) and postulated on marketing (you get it...as usual). Great thoughts were cogitated, and portentious sayings uttered. All in all, a good time was had by all.

Anyways, my new story...Shades: A Memory of Me...is now available on the kindle. It's another foray of mine into the art of the ghost story...this time including graveyards, nightmares, and a very dangerous nighttime visitation. I hope everybody enjoys it.



And with that, the last of my summer projects, out of the way...I can start looking towards my autumn chores. It's time to think novels. If I have a short story idea just jump out at me, I'll still do it, but I will not spend any more time or effort on one this autumn unless it appears to me in the form of inspiration.

Time to work on the big projects.

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to mention that, I am the waitress in this post, and Matt is awesome. haha. :D I'm still very happy for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete