Tuesday, September 7, 2010

School and Writing and Stuff


So today begins week three of the kids being back in school. So far, it's been pretty good...but this has been the warm-up period. Now the newness has worn off and we shall see how things go. I hear that Sheridan actually starts getting homework in week three. I'll be keeping a sharp eye out for that, and make sure he does it. Rowan doesn't get homework, but I'm still glad she seems happy to see that bus coming. It makes me feel good that she's happy with where it takes her.

On another front, I'm looking at getting into novel writing again. I've dusted off Argiope and currently my wife is giving what I've got a read through. I had written myself into a box, but now I've figured out a way forward. I'm still debating whether I need to back up and rewrite some of the last things I've got. And then there is the sequel to The Ways of Khrem. I need to start getting it up and going. I've already written one prologue candidate, but that's a far cry from actually writing a story. I've been spending too much time lately trying to plot promoting and book covers, and not enough time writing, and now I've fallen out of the habit. It's time to crawl back on that horse, or bicycle, or whatever it is.

I also need to be really careful with the gluten and casien. Lately I've been having a real problem with typos. Bad ones. I'm gonna have to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment