Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stuff


My in-laws are coming into town tomorrow, so we have to get the house clean so they don't know that we live like savages amidst towering piles of toys and laundry. Fortunately, our weekly house cleaner is coming in today to help out, which means I have to clean the house to get ready for her. Sigh.

Today is Thursday, which means one more day of therapy for Rowan this week. I guess it does me good to get out of the house, but I'm sure all that coffee I'm sucking down at Starbucks will probably stunt my growth. Although now I'm hearing that coffee might actually make you fat. Great, just what I need. Something else to make me fat...and keep me awake at the same time. Sigh.

Still haven't got much writing done. Little spurts here and there, but it's only three days into the strict GFCF diet so it hasn't been enough time for that to take effect even if that turns out to be the problem. I still have at least another week of that, or more, before it could have a chance to show if that's the cause of my recent writers block. Sigh.

On the bright side, I took a melatonin last night and managed to get a full ten hours of sleep. I tried for eleven but my body said "no more." For some reason I really wanted more sleep even though I wasn't sleepy. How does that work? What ever happened to waking up refreshed in the morning? That does happen, right? Anybody? Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. That happened to me this morning i woke up after a decent number of hours of sleep (at least for a college student) and all i wanted to do was go back to bed. i wasn't sleepy my body just didn't want to get up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that annoying? It's like you were good, and took the time to give your body the proper amount of sleep, and it doesn't even appreciate you for it. I mean, if it was Monday that would make a little sense...but Thursday?

    ReplyDelete