Monday, September 13, 2010

On Electronics and Writers Night Out.



The wizards at Geed Squad called to let me know that my +3 Laptop of Tale Creation had been healed and was ready for retrieval yesterday. I wasted no time in getting down there and fetching My Precioussss....errr...my machine and I'm now happily tapping on it's ebony keys again. I have also decided to try the Chrome web browser since I've been told it's a more secure browser.

It was very weird being without it. I went on a Writer's Night Out and I felt almost unbalanced without it's weight hanging from my shoulder. Cherri Galbiati was kind enough to lend me her kindle for the evening so I would at least have the reassuring feeling of having something electronic to hold while we talked. As it was, I didn't even bother with fries but went straight to the hot fudge sundae to drown my sorrows in.

Thus fortified with Vitamin Fudge and ice cream, I felt a renewed sense of hope and managed to at least hold up my end of the conversation for the evening. As always, we compared notes on our current projects and debated future trends. A lot of the same old stuff, but with new data to chew over as more news on the writing field comes out.

Rowan's therapy starts this week, so my tuesdays, wednesdays, and thursdays will be cut in half as I have to pick her up at 12:30 and take her over to her new therapists.  I will leave her there for two hours, while I languish at the Starbucks right down the block. At least my laptop will be back to help me make it through the wait. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

Oh well, back to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment