Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chillin


So it's the day after getting Death and White Satin published, and things are pretty copacetic. It's a nice feeling getting that story out the door, and having the formatting and all turn out so well. This one isn't going to require the constant repairs to get it up to snuff like The Barrow Wolf did. So I'm in a pretty good mood at the moment.

I celebrated by going to see Scott Pilgrim vs The World. It's a good movie, but it will sort of make an old fogie feel like an old fogie. The world has changed and the movies geared at this current generation of teens and twenties ain't like the ones of the eighties. But it was fun, and I recommend it...unless you're an old fogie. And this time I managed to go to the movies without losing either my wallet OR my keys. Pretty good for me.

Now I think I'll spend the weekend reading other writers work. It will be a nice change for me, because I actually don't read that often. I used to read voraciously, but that was a long time ago. I just have to try and get out of editing mode, and just read the story for itself. We'll have to see if I can actually do that. Then next week I start editing the next Tales of Nur story. I've tentatively changed the title to The Test of the Coral Horn...but now that I'm actually reading it on the screen in front of me, it looks like the stupidest title yet. I'll have to work on that. I've got a week or two.

Oh well, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment