Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Weds Thoughts


My sleep schedule is a little off, so I'm going to bed early and getting up even earlier. I just drank some chamomile tea to see if I can get back to bed soon.

Progress on the novel is slow and steady. I'm still not happy with the way it's developing, and I can tell it's going to need some serious rewriting in places. My main character needs more...character. He's completely overwhelmed by the stronger supporting characters around him. I just need to be sure and enhance him yet stay true to his situation and circumstances. I hate phony characters.

Sometime this month I need to get The Ornament ready for publication on the kindle. It's my stab at a Christmas story... see, that's a joke...I'm usually a horror writer and I said "stab"...get it? Or not. Sigh.

I understand there was an election tonight. I used to follow politics a lot more passionately than I do now. Then I realized it was one of those things that I was getting too happy, or too angry about...and that I really only had so much control over. Even worse, I was starting to get the sneaking suspicion there were people out there being paid lots of money to make people like me angry or happy or whatever. I didn't like that idea very much, and I've been trying to focus my mind on more local things. Things I can effect.

Anyways, congrats to the winners and tough luck to the losers. There's always next election.

We steam cleaned (or pressure washed) the outside of the house the other day. It actually looks pretty good. We also got the six foot deep layer of pine needles off the roof. It took about twenty bags to bag all those needles, but that's another job done. I've just about got all the dirty clothes washed, and we're down to about four baskets of clothes that need sorting. Not to mention, we've gotten rid of a lot of clothes we weren't using anymore. Things are getting better.

Now I just need to get back to bed. I can still get four more hours of sleep before the kids get up. Good night, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment