Monday, November 1, 2010

Another Spookfest is History



Halloween 2010 has come and gone.

The kids enjoyed it...running from house to house like little spook powered fiends in a sugar frenzy. I'm glad, but I sorta feel like I let them down a little this year. I didn't buy pumpkins till the Friday, the promptly forgot about them so they never got their jack-o-lanterns this year. I also think we might have cut the trick or treating a tad short. I know the kids didn't know better, but as  a kid I know I trick or treated for about an hour. Next  year he'll be in third grade and I'll let him do it a little later.

Still, a good time was had by all. Batman and the Princess are safe in their beds and dreaming of trick or treats.

Now Monday is upon me, as is November as well. Lots of authors are doing Nanowrimo, but I'm just not having any part of that. I'm one of those "once burnt, twice shy" types, and I remember the massive case of writer's block I got last time. No Nanowrimo for me.

Now Thanksgiving looms a mere three and a half weeks away. Another holiday intended to keep Nate in a portly state of affairs. Oh well, it's all in a good cause...right? I seldom get cornbread dressing, and I ain't passing it up this year either. I want's it, I does. Oh yesss...

Well, here's wishing everybody a grand start to a new month! Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment