Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's Going to be an Interesting Autumn

In the spirit of these, already coming out August and September...


I will also be having these...


Yep, I will be running two series of noveletts and short stories on the Kindle.

The Barrow Wolf will be republished with a new cover, an authors note, and a blurb at the end promoting The Ways of Khrem. The Flight of the Coral Horn is still being written but will hopefully be ready to publish by October, if not sooner. The Tales of Nur series will all be set in the world of Nur, the same world as The Ways of Khrem, and will feature monsters, charactors, or places mentioned in the novel.

The Barrow Wolf features a monster (the Barrow wolf) briefly mentioned in the prologue, and it takes place in a country (Issil) which is mentioned several times. The witch in the story, (magrit) is actually the witch mentioned in the last chapter header in the novel. She and her apprentice are scheduled to make an appearence in a later Khrem novel.

The Flight of the Coral Horn is much the same way, although it takes place out on the Cambriatic Sea and includes the Tagarr, and a creature that Cargill mentions in the novel as well.

Yep, I'm going to be really busy when I get back from vacation. If things go according to plan, I will have all four stories available on the Kindle early this fall. Then I can turn my full attentiont to writing the sequel to The Ways of Khrem.

Hopefully, I can do both series of stories justice.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lot of work! I can't wait to read them all!
    I'm also looking into the epub format to get into the ibookstore and on the Nook. So far, it seems pretty complicated. I'll keep you posted.
    Are you getting editorial feedback for these before publishing to the Kindle?
    That's my other big hurdle :)
    Adventures in storytelling . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm a big believer in proofreaders. I have a circle of friends who do a very good job of making sure I dot my i's and cross my t's. I always print out a draft, then let each of them go over it with the old red pencil. My wife even pitches in if it's not a horror story.

    My stories get edited several times before submission. I've learned to be a stickler on that out of pure self preservation. My first drafts can be some pretty horrific things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome to have friend-proofreaders! They help tremendously. I finished Barrow Wolf and it read great. They're doing good work!

    I may be hitting up my friends, too :). I do pretty well if I let it sit for awhile between edits, but it's still hard to get perspective.

    I downloaded a trial version of InDesign to make epub files. Tricky stuff but it seems to help. I'll let your know if I can get anything onto the other platforms (nook, ibookstore). What an adventure :)

    ReplyDelete