Saturday, June 6, 2009

Meeting Other Writers


Tomorrow I will be attending a meeting of The Final Twist, a writers group here in Spring. Since I am about as social of a creature as a mole, it's pretty obvious I'm looking forward to this get together with just a hint of trepidation. I will be meeting "real writers", as opposed to me who is just some guy who got a couple of short stories published.

But it will be interesting to meet them. Since I'm terrible with names and faces, I will likely forget 3/4 of the people I meet by tomorrow evening, but I guess that still leaves 1/4 that I didn't know before. I'll be curious to see what they talk about when they meet.

Seriously, how do you talk about writing? I think I could only talk with one or two people about the charactors I write, for fear of sounding like that nerdy guy who wants to talk about his D&D charactor. Thats why I actually seldom discuss my stories with the people around me, I don't want to see polite nodding while people wish I would discuss something in the real world they can offer an opinion on.

Ah well, Nonni and Daddo are coming in the morning to watch the kiddos while I'm socializing. I'll get up early and throw a roast in the crockpot for them. Thats the best part, I'm always up for anything that results in family visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment