Wednesday, September 8, 2010

An Early Midweek

The Labor Day weekend has thrown my schedule off, and Weds has snuck up on me. I still feel like it should be Tuesday. I guess I'm getting set in my ways because stuff like this makes me sort of grumpy in my old age. It should be Tuesday, darn it.

So, much to my surprise, Karla will be home today...I'm surprised because she gets every other Weds off and it's supposed to be Tuesday...and will be visiting the boy for lunch at school. This is for the best, because we have discovered he can request extras in the cafeteria, and we want to be sure what it is that he is requesting. The little turkey just might be having a junk food pig-out going on right under out noses...which would certainly explain one reason for his enthusiasm for  public school. On the other hand, he does hate the fact he has to wear his shoes all day. The little private school he went to before had them leave their shoes in baskets, and they only put them on to go outside.

I'm currently writing on Argiope at the moment, since I've found a way to go forward on that. I'm still thinking about the Khrem sequel though, and considering the novel idea of working on two projects at once. On the other hand, I have a history of putting about twenty thousand words to Argiope then getting blocked, so it might not even be an issue. We shall see.


I'm still trying to figure out ways to promote. On the one hand, I think I spend too much time thinking about it since I'm doing that and not writing. On the other hand, books don't sell without it. Last month, my short stories easily outsold my novel, so I'm trying to figure out what is to be made of that. I've made a few adjustments and we shall see if that changes things. But I really need to start focusing more on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment