Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Where Things Are


Just a little update.

Things progress merrily along. I'm working on converting the manuscript into a .pdf file that I can upload to Createspace and turn into a book. I'm doing this while I'm learning on the job, but I am learning. A lot of what I've learned is how to use Word 2007 in ways I never had before. Such as learning how to start page numbers at a given page on a manuscript, or how to make a title page, or how to make headers, etc. I'm currently waiting to see if I can get some information on a couple of fonts from the man who designed my cover before going forward with headers.

But as it stands, I will hopefully be able to upload a .pdf to Createspace in the next few days. This time I will be trying to publish the physical book first, then I will immediately move to the ebook. There are two reasons for that. One, if I already have a physical book being sold on Amazon.com, then Amazon DTP will automatically try to link the ebook to it when they publish that. Second, I'm going to have to learn some new things to publish this ebook the way I want it, or maybe even have to pay to have it formatted for me, so I just wasn't ready to put out the ebook yet. I want it to have a clickable Table of Contents, and I currently don't know how to do that. It may be over my head.

So that's where things stand for now. Things are getting done.

2 comments:

  1. Love the cover. Very creepy!

    You are ambitious. I was going to say not to worry a ton about the formatting- keep it simple. But the clickable table of contents would be cool. All these techy hoops we get to jump through :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really like the cover to. The artist did a great job, and it even inspired me to write a story featuring a ghost to match the one on the cover. I always hated books and comics that would have a really cool cover, then a story that had nothing to do with it.

    Yeah, I'm not exactly a techy type person, so these techy hoops are pretty darn high. I'm optimistic though :)

    ReplyDelete