Monday, November 21, 2011

Crunch Time



Alas, poor Muse. I knew him Horatio...

Okay, actually just the reverse is true. After my muse taking an unwelcome holiday for the summer and most of the fall, it has returned. It's been giving partial responses, but that still counts as inspiration.

And with a self imposed deadline approaching, those flickers of inspiration are good things.

I have nine days left, before I "put to bed" the final story selection of Shades. I have six ghost stories, two monster stories...and I'm hoping to replace one or both of those monster stories with ghost stories as well. I now have three idea for stories, that appeal.to me. But the deadline looms. And now I have the kids home all week for their Thanksgiving break as well.

So this is going to be tough.

But I'm going to plow ahead and stick to my deadline. I think I can do this, and if necessary can still go with what I've got...the 6-2 ratio. It's time to get something done.

I'm really thinking of writing a foreward and afterward to this collection as well. It will be some observations on ghost stories in general, and on what I was trying to do with the stories in this anthology. We shall see. For now, I need to just focus on writing while trying to also do what needs to be done to get through Thanksgiving.

Wish me luck :P

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck! Sound like you have a lot of juggling this week. Hopefully the ideas can be patient :). We can hope!

    Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think there is a real chance I may get a story draft or two done by December! And if I'm close enough...nah! I'll cross that bridge when i get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big time luck going your way...and love this blog illustration!

    ReplyDelete