Monday, August 29, 2011

Good Morning, Monday!


The kids are off to school and another glorious Monday begins.

My muse has been paying teasing little visits over the weekend. She's been giving me just the hint of ideas and then flitting away before any of them  develop into anything substantial. It's been pretty maddening, but after a summer of no inspiration whatsoever it's an improvement. At least it means there is still hope.

I have both of my incomplete novels out being read at the moment, just to get some feedback. I need to get a sense of what impression they give, and what their strong and weak points are before continuing. Sometimes you just have to take a project and get a second opinion on whether or not it's worth continuing to pursue. Until then, I think I might let my muse toy with me and see if I can wrangle a short story out of her.

On another front. I stuck to a low carb diet this summer and lost a total of 24 pounds since mid June. I was feeling pretty good about myself, but fell off of it this last week. Now I will probably pack on fifty over the course of the next three days just because that's the way my life works.

Sigh.

Oh well, Happy Monday folks!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Tuesday! Congrats on the weight loss and here's hoping the muse comes and actually sticks around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diana! Right now she is still flirting with me but I think once she is confident the kids are gone for the day, she will return.

    ReplyDelete