Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ick!


Sigh, one of the jobs of being a writer means reading and researching. Sometimes a particular subject, and sometimes a broader subject.

Like writing romance.

Yes, my male ego immediately runs shrieking from the room, and I break out in hives at the thought of the word...but it's a fact of life, and there will come a time I will need the skill to include it in a book of mine with competence. And while merely describing the dimensions of some blonde, and arming her with a beer and easily detachable attire might do it for most guys, I'm assured that other readers may demand a tad bit more.

Perhaps a brunette.

Sigh, I reckon I will probably have to broaden the horizons of my reading list. I don't mean anything from Harlequin, but I need to think of a good male author who can include people getting together in his stories. It's either that, or the blonde with the beer and the velcro bindings.

Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, woe. The dreaded R word. LOL. I think ultimately, even men like to think there is a "right" woman out there to be their companion. They may not thrive on hearts and flowers like us girls do, but they like happy endings just as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true, many of us do believe that "right" girl exists...it's just when we compare notes, a whole lot of those "right" girls turn out to be tall, curvy blondes carrying the drink of our choice. What's not romantic about that?

    ReplyDelete