Tuesday, June 22, 2010
I didn't get a lot done yesterday. Rowan's therapy schedule has been expanded to three days a week, which cuts in on my productivity. It's in a critical cause though, so I'm not complaining. At least I managed to get out of the house last night, and have a writer's night out with Cherri Galbiati. We had a good time, discussing book cover strategies, and the upcoming Apollocon. I didn't eat anything but a small plate of fries since all the gluten I've been taking in lately has literally made me sick. But a good time was still had, and we were out late enough that dragging myself out of bed this morning was done under protest.
Lately, I've mainly done some strategizing, and different forms of digital artwork. On the strategizing part,
I'm currently thinking of compiling a four-pack of ghost stories and simply titling it "4," or "4 Dead Girls." since it happens that all the ghosts in this one so far are female. I've got an idea for a book cover that will be simple, strong, and should stand out when reduced to thumbnail size.
I've noticed that's a peril that a lot of publishers and cover artists haven't adapted to in the new age of digital bookstores...having their bookcovers turn into little smudges of colors when reduced to the size that it's often presented when shown with a list of other books at the online market. From now on, the big test of any cover I make will be checking to see how it looks as a small thumbnail. The Barrow Wolf does well in that catagory, although I'm going to have to think about that font in the future.
Oh well, that's it for now. The house is a disaster, and I guess I'm supposed to do something about that.