Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nearing the End

I'm zeroing in on the closing paragraphs to the story. It now has the title "The Tragedy, 'Man.'" I'm actually having a little difficulty closing this story as it is being written to conform to a particular theme. I know what I want to do with it, I just have to find the right words. I'm also only 300 words away from my 5000 word cap, but that's okay. I'm nearly done, and I can always trim a little here or there in the editing process. It needs tightening up anyways.

I hope to finish today, or at worst tomorrow, and then I can devote next week to the editing process.

My book on steamboats that traded on the Brazos river has come in, and I'm enjoying learning about that. It's odd how most people who live along the Brazos think of paddlewheelers as things that appeared on the Mississipi, and not realize how they used to be features along their own river.

I also need to decide what my next story will be. The deadline for The Final Twist anthology approaches. I have a story in mind for that, but I'll admit I'm not terribly enthused about it. I would like to come up with a better idea. Ah well, I'll just have to see what I can do.

2 comments:

  1. Don't write a story you're not enthused about. Your readers won't be any more enthused about it than you are.

    ReplyDelete