Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Nature of the Business

I just had one story rejected, and one sent back for revision and editing. That's the way it goes in this business. Sometimes a story simply doesn't meet what the publisher needs in a particular anthology. And I suspected this story might be a bit of a stretch.

Besides, you aren't really a writer until you've gotten a rejection letter or two.

First I'll get to work editing and revising the story sent back for that, and get it back to that publisher as quickly as possible. Then I'll look over the other and decide what direction to go with it. Then there is also the matter of another short story I'm holding on to until the right anthology opens up. I need to decide when and where to submit it.

Then I need to figure out a plot for a new story.

Busy, busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment