Monday, August 31, 2009

Moving On


Finished revising and editing "Closing Time" for L&L Dreamspell last night and resubmitted it. Now there is nothing to do but wait and hope the changes meet with their approval.

Now I have to figure out what to do with "The Tragedy,'Man.'" since it has been rejected. The first thing, of course, is to go over it with a fine tooth comb and improve it any way I can. After that, I can shelve it for while or immediately start looking for another market to offer it. Either is a viable option, and each has their advantages.

The main thing is to get started on a new story. At this point I have little more than glimmers for ideas. The two main ones involve paddlewheelers. One idea is to follow the last hours of a doomed sidewheeler as it fights it way through Galveston Bay in the Great Storm of 1900. The other is two boys in 1875 stumble across a beached paddlewheeler after the storm that wiped out Indianola. I'm thinking about throwing a Sea Hag into one of them. Neither is much more than images and a few snatches of dialogue at this point. I've shelved many an idea more developed than these. I'm just showing where I'm at at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment