Thursday, November 11, 2010

Production


So I finished the first draft of that short story that I came up with the idea for last Thursday. It's a vicious little tale of jilted love and revenge...but heck, it's a story. I'll probably shelve it for now, and save it for a rainy day. Then every time I feel a little literary bile that needs venting, I'll just write another one and add to my nasty little story collection. Once I got four or five, I'll put them together and publish them.

The point is I actually wrote a story this month so something got done. Yay me! See what happens when I avoid Nanowrimo? I actually write stuff! Last year I just spent the entire month of November staring stupidly at the computer monitor. This year I'm on a roll.

I also did a load of laundry, sorted another basket of laundry, and did a few dishes. I'm starting to scare myself here. I better slow down or I'm going to sprain something...not to mention set a bad precedent. Maybe all this housework is what's causing the vicious bent in my muse. Hmmm...I'll have to watch that.

It also appears we have one more raccoon up in our attic. I caught two of them last summer, and thought the other two had moved away, but last night I heard one playing with the light fixture above my bed. I suppose I'll have to find some bait for that trap and see if they have forgotten about that thing. I haven't done any attic coon hunting in a while. I'll be sure and get pics if I catch one.

Oh well, Thursday is upon us and the week is almost over. Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. And I'm sure Charlie will thank you in advance for releasing more raccoons over by her house! lol.
    Good for you--production, production! (I have some piles of laundry needing attention. Can I drop them off? {I mean, since you're on a roll and all}) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I knew I was setting a bad precedent. Now I know how :P

    ReplyDelete