Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thinking about Promoting


So now that I have this book coming out in a couple of months or so...what do I do with it?
.
I've invested a lot of time and effort in writing it, and put my best ideas into it. I think it's only right that I give it every chance to succeed. And the only way to do that is to let people know it's available, and try and get them interested in it.
.
And that's called marketing.
.
That means advertising, advertising, advertising. I'm going to need to make posters, bookmarks, ad banners, and go to conventions and meet people. I'm going to have to strategize how to get the name of that book, and a link to it's page on Amazon.com, in front of as many people as possible. I'm signed up for Apollocon with a table in the dealer's room already. I'll have to research other conventions in the area, and check them out. I'm going to have to look at how much banner ads cost on different websites. I need to come up with a website for the book itself. I need more ideas.
.
And all the time I'm doing this I need to find time to write my next book. A writer who isn't producing, isn't building his future.
.
I also managed to get my edit done on my two stories in the Pandora Anthology and send them back in, so that's another thing off my plate. Only found a couple of errors, but I still had to read through both stories slowly to find them. Still, that's done. Now I guess I can get back to writing "The Barrow Wolf," and researching advertising idea.
.
On another note, Sheridan is back from spending three days and nights at his cousin's house and didn't really want to leave. He informed us numerous times that he was very, very sad...and he didn't know if he could wait until the next time he got to visit. He got to run around and play with three other little boys and I don't think he missed us one little bit. He does like to visit his relatives, especially his cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment