Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Playing With Ideas


One of the things I definitely want to do is support "The Ways of Khrem" with a website. Now the question is, "What do I want on that website?"
.
One idea is a beastiary.
.
There are several creatures encountered in "The Ways of Khrem," and several more mentioned. In addition to that, one of the tomes that Cargill acquires is a volume called "Crewell's Beastiary." This is actually a multiple volume guide, but for the purposes of the website that's irrelevent.
.
I was thinking that one of the pages of the website could be selections from "Crewell's Beastiary," and ones that referred to the creatures that Cargill encountered or alluded too. Creatures like the Issillian Barrow Wolf, the Bog Sprite, the Bardockian Dire Bison, the Spine Hound, and several others. It would be bonus material for the reader, to read up on if he visits the website. My hands aren't what they used to be, but maybe I can even supply some artwork.
.
Other possibilities could be little pieces of flash fiction involving other residents of Khrem. Or maybe more quotes from the books Cargill owns, like the ones that head many of the chapters in novel.
.
Maybe even, way down the road, a map of Khrem...but that would be a huge endeavor.
.
I just know that if I'm going to build a fanbase for this novel and it's successors, then I need to treat that fanbase right.

No comments:

Post a Comment