Friday, March 11, 2011

Late Friday Update



Sorry for the late update, folks.

I was up late last night, trying to get some writing done and practically fell asleep in front of my laptop. My wife came out and startled me back to consciousness and told me to go to bed. So I did, then I naturally slept in late.

The problem with running a daily blog is that it is starting to take as much, if not more, of my braintime as writing itself does. Coming up with new things to blog about every day is difficult, and the problem is that I have found that the only deadlines that seem to mentally loom for me is the update for the next day. And here is where the real problem begins. Assuming my blog posts average a conservative 500 words a day, that means I posted around 170,000 words on my blog last year...and that's not counting time spent on photo editing and things like that. My only novel to date, The Ways of Khrem, is only 80,000 words long.

See the problem?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'm starting to lean towards the idea of updating three times a week...on Monday, Weds, and Friday.  The attraction to that is it would both free up more mental energy to actually writing stories, and it might also improve the quality of blog posts since I might actually have something to say three times a week.

I haven't totally decided whether or not to do that yet, and I will be sure and make a big announcement here if I do. But the idea does have a strong appeal.

Oh well, thats it for today folks... (see what I mean?)

No comments:

Post a Comment