Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Free Story...And I Dive Into the Teeming Masses.




Hey, look up top...right below the Dark and Stormy Blog banner...do you see those orange words? Or better yet, that big shiny banner? Well, I added a page to this blog that I will be featuring free stories on from time to time. All you have to do is click on the title of the story (In this case, The Barrow Wolf), or the banner, and you go straight to page two where you can read the entire story for free. The Barrow Wolf is my most popular short story, and it will be available to read for free here on the blog for the rest of the week. It's a Christmas gift to all the fantasy readers out there.

I will post different stories and writings on Page 2 from time to time.

Now as for today, I will be waiting for Karla to get home so I can make one last dive into the merry bedlam that is the Mall. Yes, it is three days before Christmas and somehow I still have about half my shopping left to do. Remember my glorious plan to be done over a week ago? Well, that didn't happen. Now instead of going just to gloat at all the other desperate shoppers hunting that last minute purchase...I will be one of them. I'm sure there is some kind of karma involved here.

So there is that.

On the other hand, I have been doing a little research and now I'm preparing to do a little experimentation on a different project. A long time ago I was the official cookie maker in my family for Christmas. I made a bunch of Christmas cookies every year and took them to the family get together for the big day. Then it was discovered that Rowan and I were allergic to gluten. The cookies stopped and it has been almost three years since I've done that.

This year, I hope to rectify that situation. More on that in tomorrow's blog post.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment