Friday, December 31, 2010

Another One Bites The Dust


Well, it's over.

2010 something of a mixed year for me. It's high point was the release of my first novel, The Ways of Khrem, by Pill Hill Press. It has also seen the publication of two other short stories in anthologies by Pill Hill Press, and five short stories in anthologies by LL Dreamspell. That's not counting the four self published stories that I released on Amazon.com myself. So in the writing game, this year has seen a lot of my work hit the market.


Sadly, the bulk of that work was written in 2009, or early 2010. I sort of spun my wheels in the second half of the year and don't have a lot to show for it. I did get some work done...two short stories and about forty five thousand words on Argiope...but none of it is hitting the shelves anytime soon so it doesn't feel like anything really got accomplished until I'm at least holding a finished rough draft in my hand.

On the other hand, there was plenty of kids and other forms of wildlife this year. Mainly raccoons...





So there was that... but there was also some good times... We did more as a family this year than we have done before. Whether it was going to the zoo, going to a restaurant, or enjoying a night out watching the fireworks...good times were had.



This bodes well for 2011, and I intend to expand on these adventures. Perhaps a museum, or an amusement park, or some other place where I can bask in the magic of a family outing. I'm looking forward to those.

Unfortunately, soaking in the family magic wasn't all I was taking in...



There was also the matter of me assuming my new spherical form. It seems my plans to lose weight this autumn failed rather spectacularly. I gained quite a bit. So guess what one of my New Years resolutions is going to be. Yeah, I'm going to call it Project: Deflate Nate. That sounds catchy, and is sadly far more apropos than I would like.

So, all in all 2010 saw a lot of positive things but too much of it was the result of work put in during 2009 for my comfort. On the bright side, things DID get done so I do have things to build on. I just need to reflect on what needs to be done, so I can approach it in a whole new spirit as opposed to just struggling forward with old ideas. I think I can do that.

So here is wishing everybody a glorious last day of 2010. Spend it well! It's ending on a Friday, which is perfect because you can't do better than a New Year that kicks off on a weekend. I have a feeling that 2011 is giong to be a good one :)

2 comments:

  1. Seems to me you had a VERY productive and happy 2010! My best to you and your family for 2011!

    Loved the videos!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope your New Years comes with lots of success and happiness too :)

    ReplyDelete