Sunday, January 17, 2010

One Milestone Achieved


I have just finished the edit of the first novella, "The Reach of Talanturos," in my three part novel. I still need to write and insert the book quotes, but the main work on the first third of "The Ways of Khrem" is done.
.
I'm now now about thirty thousand words into the rewriting.
.
The next novella is the much shorter novella, "The Cistern." I want to pay careful attention to the tone of this story as I edit it, because I changed it in an earlier rewrite and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I might choose to lighten it up a bit more, just so it will be a counterpoint to the novella's it is sandwiched between.
.
On another note, the Cowboys play the Vikings today. Now we will see if Dallas has been playing over their heads, or if they are for real. I'll have my fingers crossed. I can't enjoy the game properly with chips and Dr. Pepper, due to my diet, so I'll have to settle for cheeses and sausages again.
.
I haven't lost much weight yet, but my complexion has cleared up dramatically. It's funny the things that are affected by what you eat.
.
Poor Rowan has a tummy ache. She woke up urping at about two in the morning. Fortunately I was awake doing this rewrite at the time, so I could get right to her. Karla and I sprang into action and within twenty minutes she had been bathed and all the sheets on her bed changed. She is now sleeping on her mom in the living room chair.
.
Not much else to report. I'm tempted to celebrate my writing accomplishment by going out to Denny's and having an omelette. The only problem is trusting myself to stay away from the fountain drinks. I'll think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment