Saturday, January 16, 2010

Eighteen Thousand Words In


It's amazing what you can do when you sit down for eight hours and do nothing but work steadily on your project. If I can string together a solid block of nights like I had last night, I will have an excellent chance of meeting my deadline. The story is editing well, and I like the way it is turning out.
.
I also have to work on the side project of coming up with book quotes to head the chapters of the novel with. But at the moment, it's the editing I'm focusing on.
.
The opossums are staging olympic events in our attic tonight. I believe I have heard a triathlan, a greco roman wrestling match, and a tumbling exercise above my head in the past four hours. Something needs to be done, but I can't climb ladders and I'm not about to send my poor wife up there. I'll have to send out an S.O.S to the family, I guess. Either that, or hire a pest control service.
.
On another front, the carb cravings are still with me. I tried to counter them today by cooking up a big pot of boiled cabbage. Naturally, I find myself eating alone as the wife and kids both turn up their noses at this dish. Sheesh! Everybody is a critic. They just don't know good food when they're looking at it. Let me tell you, it ain't easy living in this house full of philistines.

No comments:

Post a Comment