Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Ray of Sunlight


I actually managed to write a couple of paragraphs last night. Not a big amount, but I'm hoping it's a crack in the dam. I need to get this story moving along again, so I can finish it and move on.

Today I start my low carb diet. Lots and lots of chicken, to keep the fat content down. Maybe this will widen the cracks in that aforementioned dam.

I returned the snake to the rental place this morning, since it totally slipped my fogged brain yesterday. See? I have to do something about this. It's really that bad.

When I dropped Sheridan off at school, I told him I wanted him to have a good day. He looked at me quizzically and replied, "That means you don't want me to get poked in the eye, right Dad?" I assured him that not getting poked in the eye was an important part of having a good day, and he seemed satisfied with that answer. Sometimes I don't understand kids.

Later today I'll look around into getting some more glasses. Another thing I've been meaning to do for over a week, but keep forgetting once I drop the kids off. Ugh.

UPDATE: I found a coupon for Eyemaster . . . buy one get one free . . . but I'll have to go to Deerbrook Mall to use it. I'll wait till Friday, when Karla is home to get Rowan off of the bus, and use it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment