Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blowout!


Okay, it isn't exactly what you think.

Actually, what happened is that I had one of my braces come apart on me while getting the kids onto the bus this morning. Due to my CMT I wear leg braces which stabalize my ankles and feet. These are white plastic affairs that surround my feet inside my shoes and extend up to my knees. They allow me to walk, so when one of those go out I've got a bit of a problem.  I still had one functioning brace which allowed me to get the kiddos on the bus and slowly gimp my way back to the house, so everything worked out okay.

Fortunately, I do have a pair of backup braces but they are these big titanium affairs that go all the way up to my hip. So now I'm hobbling around the house looking like one of Jerry's Kids.

Sigh.

Naturally, this happens on the day I need to get shopping done. Not that it matters because it will probably take a while to get a prescription so I can get a new brace anyways. So it looks like this is my new brace for the near future. At least I write sitting down, but housework just became a real problem. I'll have to plan accordingly. I'll have to put the haircut off till this weekend.

On the bright side, I am now three thousand words into The Mushroom Man and it seems to be beginning to take on a life of it's own. That's always a good sign that the story is going to be finished. I have several aborted beginnings lying around because they just never came alive. I can definitely tell that the gfcf diet is beginning to work as my head clears and focus increases. Hooray!

Oh well, have a happy Thursday out there, folks! And wear a jacket, it's cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment