Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tweaks and Corrections




I have just uploaded a corrected manuscript of Dead Stop to Createspace. Lots of words were cut, lots of apostrophes were added (one of my proofreaders asked me if I had some kind of moral aversion to apostrophes) and some misspellings were fixed.  Overall, the manuscript is almost there. Once I get this author's proof back, I'm hoping it will pass a full inspection.

 I also intend to upload a slightly altered cover (above) as well. It's pretty much the same thing, except the title and author part has been enlarged. This is to help it be more visible and clear on thumbnails. It does seem to be an improvement.

So far, that September deadline still looks eminently doable.

Last of all, an author named Dean Wesley Smith demonstrates a rather novel idea on his blog. He is making print copies of single short stories. I have a few of those laying around. Hmmm.....

2 comments:

  1. So many ideas! Could be fun :)

    Glad to hear that the zombies are shuffling along :). Sounds like things are coming together! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Shuffling along is about right! I uploaded the manuscript and then realized I had left one item on my revision checklist unchecked. A quick scan of the manuscript showed I had somehow skipped that item in the revision process. It's fixed now, but I have to wait for the manuscript I uploaded to be approved so I can upload the new corrected version. It's not a major setback...maybe 24 houra...but it's just one of those little things that gives writers headaches.

    ReplyDelete