Sunday, May 29, 2011

Drive In Fun.



The school year has only one week left in it. Soon it won't be just me and my feline fan club hanging around the house. Soon, I will be infested with munchkins...and I will be expected to feed and entertain them as well. The cats have already informed me that I'm on my own in this project, and that they will be hiding in nearby, out of reach places and only coming out for food and water. I guess I'll see them again in September.

Oh well, summer has officially begun anyways. Karla and I took the kids to the drive-in to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and Thor, and my sisters family accompanied us. We have been to the drive in enough now to know how to do it right. 



Yep, to heck with sitting in a car. Spread that blanket, get those folding chairs, and grab a couple of big portable radios for the sound and you are set for quality movie watching. The wind was a bit of a factor, and the kids were starting to get cold by the end of the first movie so we DID end up watching Thor from the comfort of our cars. Still, it's a good way to do things.

And if you have never been to the drive-in, here is a slow pan of the one we were at (the Showboat, near Tomball) to give you an idea of what they are all about these days. This was taken from a vantage near the front screen. The rear screen also has a playground.



As you can see, Saturday night at the drive-in is plenty busy. We got there a good hour before the show started and the line of cars already stretched out onto the highway. So Sunday night might be the better idea for future shows.

And it does look like a good summer for movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment